yummiest banana bread
We have made this MULTIPLE times…. this is a decadent, moist and light textured banana bread. Stay away if you’re trying to eat healthy. 😉 This is a very very slight adaptation from a recipe we found online called “Prize Winning Banana Bread” at GroupRecipes.com.
Pebbles has made this 100% on her own as it’s really easy. We count this as “home economics.” 😉
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups mashed ripe bananas (I use 3 medium ripe bananas)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- additional brown sugar to pat on top of batter
How to make it:
- Cream together butter, oil, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs.
- Add mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla, stirring together.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt, stirring til blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips!
- Pour into 2 small loaf pans (we’ve tried one large one and the middle takes FOREVER to bake because it’s so moist) – or make muffins !
- Sprinkle additional brown sugar generously over top of batter, using your hand to gently pat some of it into the batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees: large loaf pan for about 1 – 1.5 hours, smaller loaves for about 45 mins – 1 hr. Watch the loaf and just keep checking it with a wooden skewer, should come out clean from batter. You might choose to make into 24 muffins to freeze for future lunch bags.
- Allow bread to cool in pans for about 20 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the edges, tap the pan on the counter several times to release the bread from the bottom of the pan, then invert pan over a wire rack and let the bread fall onto the rack to finish cooling completely.