review:Thieves Dental Floss
Liking the idea of a dental floss that was saturated twice with the power of Thieves essential oil blend AND peppermint oil – I bought the “Thieves Dental Floss” to try. Typically I love the Glide floss and over the years I sort of have that cringe factor with regular floss that rubs roughly or squeakily against my teeth.
What’s it like?
- I like the case that it’s in, smooth and easy to operate with it’s flip top lid that fits nicely in your hand
- floss cuts easily with the cutter blade
- the floss itself is a warm white – super light beige maybe when all spun together
- it smells very slightly like Thieves more than peppermint
- the taste is super slight if at all – it is not like the flavored floss you get at the drugstore that you can really ‘taste’
- the texture is smooth and feels like it’s coated a bit (which it is, but with oil not wax)
- the shape of the floss is flat like Glide vs. a round string like in some Reach brands
- unlike Glide the strand can separate, it’s not ‘solid’
How does it perform?
- the floss works GREAT in that it has enough resistance to really scrape your teeth and get into your gums
- anything you want off your teeth gets OFF – very effective
- being used to a slick floss like Glide – the sensation does take some getting used to, can feel rough moving through
- I honestly don’t know if there’s enough essential oil to do any therapy while running through for a few seconds 😉 ??
- Young Living promotes the floss to be made out of ‘strong fibers that resist fraying and breakage’ – here is where I had issues. I have some teeth that are tight together. In these areas I instantly had fraying – and a lot of it. No breakage, but the fraying was a bit disappointing at how easily it occurred.
- The Young Living site says that the essential oils help ‘freshen breath’ – well, good oral hygiene and regular flossing and brushing will help your breath of course, I just don’t know if the amount of oils on the floss would in itself give you fresh breath.
Would I buy it again?
Honestly, I don’t think so – at least for my teeth that are tight in areas. If my teeth weren’t as tight in spots and floss ran more smoothly through everywhere – I for sure would. It’s grabbing power was very effective. I just can’t get over the fraying issue.
If you are curious about Young Living products and want to ask me any questions feel free to contact me.
If this review helped you and inspired you to want to become a YL member (to get wholesale prices) or to simply purchase as a retail customer – and you don’t already have another YL distributor helping you – you’ll need a Sponsor and Enroller ID# when you login. My ID# is 1304610 and can be popped into both fields. Many thanks!