review:New Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste
Since I wasn’t 100% sold on the taste of the Thieves Dentarome Plus toothpaste … I was eager to try the new Thieves AromaBright toothpaste as it sounded like it would be possibly more ‘minty’ in flavor. Out of sheer luck of the draw, a contest was posted on the Young Living Product Blog and I was one of the random names drawn to win a free tube ! I was so excited you’d think I won the PowerBall.
When this 4 oz. tube arrived and of course I ran to brush my teeth. 😉
It smelled slightly more minty – and indeed tasted sweeter and mintier. Very nice and mild – and no tingly burning.
So what’s in this new formulation of all-natural toothpaste?
Water, Calcium carbonate, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil, Sodium bicarbonate, Glycerin (Vegetable), Xylitol, Xanthum gum, Mentha piperita† (Peppermint) oil, Mentha spicata† (Spearmint) leaf oil, Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) bud oil, Ocotea quixos† (Ocotea) leaf oil, Cinnamomum verum† (Cinnamon) Bark oil, Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil, Eucalyptus Radiata† leaf oil, Rosmarinus officinalis† (Rosemary) leaf oil, Stevia rebaudiana leaf extract, Lecithin (Sunflower).
Interestingly, the ingredients are very similar to the Dentarome Plus except there is NO WINTERGREEN in this one. I really dislike wintergreen in anything (hubby loves it however) …. so perhaps a hint of wintergreen was enough to turn me away from the other formulation. This new formulation adds spearmint (more minty factor and better taste) AND adds ocotea… which wasn’t in the other toothpaste.
What is so special about Thieves AromaBright toothpaste?
- non-toxic ingredients
- pure therapeutic-grade essential oils
- includes THIEVES essential oil
- better tasting than the Dentarome Plus toothpaste – in my own opinion !
- both peppermint and spearmint together create a refreshing taste and sensation
- PEPPERMINT – flavoring agent that may support digestion
- SPEARMINT – said to enhance the flavor of food, is milder than peppermint
- CLOVE – promotes a healthy immune response
- OCOTEA – natural cleansing and purifying properties and said to help body’s natural response to irritation and injury
- CINNAMON BARK – promotes a healthy immune response, and helps maintain a healthy lifestyle regimen
- LEMON – includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene
- EUCALYPTUS – mildly pungent, sweet, and fruity aroma
- ROSEMARY – includes the naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol and alpha-pinene and has fresh herbaceous sweet aroma
* YoungLiving.com 2015
What’s in my old toothpaste?
Colgate Total Anticavity Fluoride and Antigingivitis Toothpaste, Advanced Clean
The Skin Deep Database (www.ewg.org) gives this toothpaste a rating of 4 out of 10 on the ‘HAZARD/CONCERN RATING’ so not terrible.
However when you read about a few of the more ‘of concern’ ingredients makes me think I’d rather be putting natural pure ingredients into my mouth!!
- TRICLOSAN – Ecotoxicology, Endocrine disruption, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Contamination concerns (CHLOROFORM, DIOXINS), Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Persistence and bioaccumulation
- SODIUM FLUORIDE – Developmental/reproductive toxicity, Multiple, additive exposure sources, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Occupational hazards, Use restrictions
- FD&C BLUE 1 – Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Persistence and bioaccumulation
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE – Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL – Enhanced skin absorption, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive)
SUMMARY of my EXPERIENCE
- The non-toxic natural ingredients are a safe choice – happy to leave chemicals behind
- it has the same off-white color as the Dentarome Plus
- very smooth in texture, no grit whatsoever
- smells more minty than Dentarome Plus not not TOO minty… light.
- low to no froth factor
- this formulation doesn’t burn at all
- leaves my mouth tasting better than the Dentarome Plus
- A tiny amount goes a long way! A 4 oz. tube will last a long time.
- over time, like the other YL Thieves toothpaste, around the rim of the inside product can turn a little brownish… a little ‘ick’ factor, but what can you do. There are no preservatives in this and with all the cinnamon and Thieves etc. in it there are many dark essential oils in this paste. I’ve had the Dentarome Plus tube longer… and the paste inside is now – beige not off-white like it was when I first got it. A little gross? but natural I suppose right?
Would I buy it again?
Yes, I do like it. The taste is nice and doesn’t make me cringe.
However, ironically I sort of miss the tingly ‘burn’ sensation of the Dentarome Plus ! My mouth ‘feels’ better with Dentarome Plus but the taste of it is almost a deal breaker for me… leaving me with preferring the AromaBright. Hmm, I wonder if I combined the two for a perfect toothpaste? Not at all what I thought I would say when I first started writing this post.
If you are curious about Young Living products and want to ask me any questions feel free to contact me.
If this review helped you and inspired you to want to become a YL member (to get wholesale prices) or to simply purchase as a retail customer – and you don’t already have another YL distributor helping you – you’ll need a Sponsor and Enroller ID# when you login. My ID# is 1304610 and can be popped into both fields. Many thanks!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.