review: YL AromaGuard Deodorant
A lifetime of wearing aluminum laden antiperspirants has ended – finally have come to my senses about the dangers of using toxic commercial products. Even though you hear that everything passes through your skin for better or worse I never took it to heart. Thankfully it didn’t take cancer to open up my eyes – but my body started to complain to try to get me to listen. Seemed like no matter the brand name started to get really dry, red and rashy under my arms…. like an allergic reaction. I experimented with other ‘natural’ deodorants and they were either too wet, slimy, sticky or stinky … or just plain didn’t seem to do anything.
For some reason when I saw the Young Living AromaGuard Mountain Mint Deodorant I was intrigued. Read some reviews about the peppermint in it being wonderfully refreshing in hot weather – and hot weather we DO have here as it’s in the 110 degree F now!
The ingredients sounded great:
I’ll be totally honest and tell you that even though I’d known about Young Living for about 1.5 years I wasn’t ‘sure’ about signing up. Anything like HerbalLife, Amway, Avon, Arbonne…. anything ‘sales-y’ tends me bring about uneasy feelings. I even looked at DoTerra but they didn’t offer a natural deodorant [at the time I was researching anyway, not sure if they do now?] and when I asked them about it they weren’t very helpful. So back to Young Living. Since my poor underarms were itchy !! I thought ok I’ll sign up and get the wholesale prices – why not! Desperation works …. I even bought it before signing up for any kind of essential rewards program to get points back to earn to buy free product – just wanted it badly and it came in the same shipment as my Starter Kit.
- the label wasn’t printed on the stick was a wrap around type label – sort of slips and slides – but not a big deal. Probably better for recycling the plastic later anyway !!
- The scent was SOOOOOO minty and so refreshing! Completely authentic – nothing false or contrived about it. If a deodorant can feel alive… this one does !! If you hate mint…. you probably won’t like this. Don’t think toothpaste either… it’s JUST like the Young Living Peppermint essential oil but mixed with other lovely ingredients with it to mellow it out a bit….
- The texture was very smooth and firm. White. BUT goes on perfectly clear !!
- Not the least bit sticky, slimy or wet. Completely matte and almost yet without any residue! I can’t explain it. Almost dry….. but yet it goes on fine. Not too dry.
- When you put it on seems to just get absorbed! No streaks.
- Product works !! Being a deodorant and not an anti-antiperspirant – you can …. and should ….. perspire. When it’s 110+ degrees and you’re running all over town, your body probably needs to cool off naturally and not just plug it up with aluminum! I shudder to think of my past choices.
- safe alternative to commercial deodorants and are free of propylene glycol and toxic aluminum salts
- The peppermint smell, thankfully, does dissipate so you’re not left smelling like mint all day long !!!!
- Since it does on so ‘dry’ I’m finding that the product seems to be lasting a good long time, which is good because it isn’t cheap!
If there was any downside …. I would say, after smelling peppermint every day ….. you can get rather tired of it!! 😉 So that’s when I ordered their second aroma: Meadow Mist. I was hoping that it wasn’t too sickly sweet flowery … and it didn’t disappoint. It had the same qualities as the Mountain Mint in feel and texture which was great !! The only difference was I felt that the scent of it lingers more throughout the day a bit. Not overpowering…. just ‘there’ once in a while. It’s aroma is exactly what it sounds like – is a ‘greener’ smell than it is flowery – just like you’d imagine a meadow with a few flowers only… after a rain. Seriously the people at Young Living are very succinct in their naming skills. 😉
Meadow Mist’s ingredients are:
So in summary – I’m happy that I bought both! I can switch them both back and forth so I don’t tire of either scent – and both work GREAT !!
During my desperation before buying these I found it surprisingly difficult beyond blogs and sites that just reiterate what the YL website already says …. I wanted REAL REVIEWS with personal experience. Not ones with a goal of selling. So this is what I vow to do – tell you at least MY experience. Your experience could very well be different! The other funny thing that I DID find…. was some people swore that putting a TINY amount of the YL Dentarome toothpaste worked fabulously as deodorant too! Would certainly be cheaper….. I’ll let you know how it goes !!!!! hehehehehe (I have the Plus … but can’t remember if it was the Ultra)….
If you are curious about Young Living products and want to ask me any questions feel free to contact me.
If this review helped you and inspired you to want to become a YL member (to get wholesale prices) or to simply purchase as a retail customer – and you don’t already have another YL distributor helping you – you’ll need a Sponsor and Enroller ID# when you login. My ID# is 1304610 and can be popped into both fields. Many thanks!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.